Updated 15.5.23 (route/s)
If you haven’t got plans for the long weekend, then why not join the Club for a leisurely Sunday ride through to Koorowatha for lunch at Hotel Koorawatha?
Outbound via Boorowa (coffee/rest stop), then heading towards Cowra but turning off south of Cowra at Morongla Creek to take the back road across to Wattamondara and onto Koorawatha for lunch at 12:15.
Return - various options (each to their own and to decide on the day), e.g.:
- Via Young, Murringo and Boorowa – 370 km return:
- Via Murringo Gap Rd (scenic short cut bypassing Young) and either Chews Lane or Fishers Lane (one of these Lanes is dirt) – 340 km return:
Google Maps (Chews Ln)
Google Maps (Fishers Ln)
- Or retrace outbound route – 360 km return:
Approximately 340-370 km on sealed main and secondary roads, most of which were in reasonable to good condition (13.5.23) but expect some damaged surfaces.
Note: A Club member is hoping to recce Murringo Gap Rd, Chews Lane and Fishers Lane in the next week or so to confirm their current suitability (post-surface repairs) for road bikes.
Meeting Point: Meet fuelled and ready to go at the Ampol/Caltex Foodary, Gold Creek (Nicholls) for a prompt 09:15 departure.
GS Riders: Those keen to detour onto gravel or dirt are more than welcome to join en route, or at the Pub.
Fuel: Available in Boorowa and Young.
Register if you're interested in coming so I can let the Pub know likely numbers for lunch. Please email email@example.com if you plan to meet the group on the way or at the Pub so we don’t wait for you unnecessarily.
For those joining the ride along the way, or making their own way to the Pub, proposed meeting points (with best guess times) are:
· Ampol/Caltex Foodary, Gold Creek (Nicholls) – leaving 09:15
· Boorowa Superb Bakery (coffee stop) – arriving 10:15, leaving by 11:00
· Hotel Koorowatha - arriving 12:00 (lunch booking @12:15)