UPDATE 25 November: Ride CANCELLED due to forecast poor weather inc. storms. To be rescheduled, likely late December or January.
24 November Update - Due to the forecast for possible severe storms in the ride area this weekend, a decision will be made midday 25 November as to whether the ride remains on, or is postponed to December/January.
Why not break out the summer riding gear and join the Club for a day ride and lunch at the Tumut River Brewing Co.? TS-smooth, TS-back roads and GS options all in the mix. If you’d prefer a shorter ride, then why not join the first leg of the ride through to Harden-Murrumburrah for coffee (270 km return)?
All options - via the Barton and Hume Hwys, Lachlan Valley Way, Cunningar Rd and Burley Griffin Way to Harden-Murrrumburrah (with coffee/rest stop at Barnes Store Emporium Cafe), then:
- TS-back roads - Jugiong Rd to Hume Hwy (short stretch only), Coolac Rest Area (regroup), then Gobarralong, Darbalara and Brungle Rds for a scenic, winding ride through to Tumut (250km): Google Maps
- TS-smooth – BG Way to Wallendbeen, Olympic Hwy to Cootamundra, Muttama Rd to Coolac, Hume Hwy to Gundagai and Gocup Rd to Tumut (260km): Google Maps
- GS – Jugiong Rd to Bundarbo Bridge, Hopewood Rd (~20 km unsealed), picking up Gobarralong, Darbalara and Brungle Rds (all sealed) to Tarrabandra Rd (~25km unsealed following the Tumut and Murrumbidgee Rivers), then back onto Brungle Rd to Tumut (286 km, with this option possibly taking ~4 hours of riding to the ~3 hours for TS routes): Google Maps
- TS-smooth - via Gocup Rd, Hume and Barton Hwys (180km): Google Maps
- TS-back roads - via Gocup Rd, Hume Hwy, then Berremangra and Bouyeo Rds to BGW and then Hume and Barton Hwys (210 km): Google Maps
- GS – options include Brindabella Rd, Wee Jasper etc.
Approximately 440-460km return for TS riders (depending on route) on sealed main, secondary or back roads. Expect some road surfaces to be damaged. Break/stop if needed on the return leg to be decided on the day.
Fuel: Available in Murrumburrah and Tumut.
Meeting Point: Meet fuelled and ready to go at Ampol/Caltex Foodary (Curran Drive, Gold Creek (Nicholls)) for a prompt 08:30 departure.
Register if you're interested in coming so I can let the brewery know likely numbers for lunch. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to meet the group on the way, or at the brewery, or head elsewhere after coffee in Harden-Murrumburrah.
For those joining the ride along the way, or making their own way to the brewery, proposed meeting points (with best guess times) are:
· Ampol/Caltex Foodary, Gold Creek (Nicholls) - leaving 08:30;
· Barnes Store Emporium Cafe (Harden-Murrumburrah) - arriving 10:00 and leaving 10:40;
· Tumut River Brewing Co.- arriving 12:40 (lunch booking @12:45).